DiRT 4 game guide describes how to complete carrier mode, and gain enough credits to complete the gameplay without too much effort. The management mechanics was also described. This includes: team management, sponsorship and raising new buildings. Furthermore, the game guide will provide you with tips for beginners, who don’t have much experience in racing games. These hints will concern different types of races, vehicle tuning and adjusting the difficulty level. At the end of the game guide, you will find a list of available trophies / achievements.
DiRT 4 is yet another game that will let you feel what rallycross is all about. This time the carrier mode will make you collect your own vehicles and choose leagues you want to compete in. You will often have to check if you can actually afford the upgrades. Your staff will have its own HQ, which can be modified. You can recruit your staff members and pick sponsors – complete their tasks and you will be rewarded. Races will take place on realistic routes and tracks, and you will have a wide range of licensed cars to choose from.
Dirt 4 game guide includes:
- Description of the carrier mode;
- Various tips on driving styles and the difficulty level;
- Information on vehicle tuning and repairs;
- Hints on how to build your team, purchase vehicles, and construct buildings;
- List of available achievements / trophies.
Patrick “YxU” Homa (www.gamepressure.com)
About DiRT 4 Game Guide
Author : Patrick “yxu” Homa for gamepressure.com
Translator : Karol “kdrozynski” Drozynski
Stage of progress : 50% completed,
last update : June 14, 2017
Guide contains :
14 pages, 55 images.
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Hot Topics of DiRT 4 Game Guide
- Facilities | Your Team DiRT 4 Guide.
- Hints for beginners | Tips DiRT 4 Guide.
- Controls for Playstation 4 and Xbox One DiRT 4 Guide.
- Purchasing vehicles | Your Team DiRT 4 Guide.
- Sponsor offers | Your Team DiRT 4 Guide.
DiRT 4 Video Game
- genre: Racing
- developer: Codemasters Software
- publisher: Codemasters Software
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE
- rated: +3
Another installment in the popular series of racing games developed by Codemasters. The game expand the concepts its predecessors were based on, adding however, plenty of novelties at the same time. DiRT 4 offers over 50 cars and several kinds of championships – above all, rally events. Furthermore, the Landrush mode makes a re-appearance here, but also rallycross events were included, based on the FIA World Rallycross Championship license. The Joyride complements the game modes, offering various kinds of challenges for the player to enjoy. The Career is the most basic mode – the player creates their own driver, attracts sponsors and develops their team, which gradually gets more and more effective. Apart from that, the game brings a competition-based multiplayer component supervised by the RaceNet service, which makes it possible to organize on-line leagues and tournaments. What is completely new here, is the so-called “Your Stage”, which is a special module that allows the player to create their own routes. DiRT 4 utilizes a modified and modernized version of the Ego engine, which is at the source of the game’s high-quality visuals.
DiRT 4 PC version System Requirements
Recommended: Intel Core i5 4690 3.5 GHz/AMD FX 8120 3.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM, graphic card 3 GB GeForce GTX 780/Radeon R9 390 or better, 50 GB HDD, Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
Minimum: Intel Core i3 3220 3.3 GHz, 4 GB RAM, graphic card 1 GB GeForce GT 440/Radeon HD 5570 or better, 50 GB HDD, Windows 7 64-bit
More About DiRT 4
If you can�t hear the co-driver clear enough, the same information, in form of signs, will be displayed in the upper part of the screen.
This chapter will mention a couple of hints that can be very useful for players who don�t know the DiRT series.
Pay attention to co-driver�s instructions � it won�t be easy at first. Listen for the number that represents bend angles (1-6, where six is the gentlest bend) and information, whether cutting the curves is possible. If it�s possible, and you decide to take the internal side, you could get stuck or even roll over your car.
We highly recommend the simulation mode. In the default settings, the car is �resistant� to skidding. Driving such vehicles can be easier but may not grant you higher score or provide more fun.
You need to master the manual transmission � this will let you gain more control over the vehicle and speed.
Sometimes, it�s better to lose one position, rather than damage your vehicle badly. You may run out of time to repair your car before another stretch.
After each stretch, wash your car � this will improve your image and reputation.
Don�t purchase cars in advance � sometimes, when you unlock a new license, you can receive a new vehicle. It�s possible that you have already purchased the same car (or it is from the same class, as you always receive vehicles of similar classes).
Sometimes, on your way, random errors can occur e.g. damaging your transmission. If not caused by a car accident, such damages will likely stop on their own after a little while.
Driving your vehicle
Here are some tips concerning driving your vehicle:
- During the early stages of the game, and not so powerful vehicles, you will only need to slow down (take your foot off the pedal) in case of curves marked 4. Brake only in case of lower numbers.
- Gear down before direct impact with water.
- When steering rapidly near the poles, try to gear down (gear 1 or 2) and slow down significantly. This way you will rotate with your hand brake with little speed involved (just turn the back of your car, instead of making the entire curve in a single skid). The only exception is the asphalt, as you won�t lose too much speed, and thus you can go with a wider angle.
- Do not overuse your hand brake, especially when the turn is not that difficult.
- Don�t use the service brake on curves! Just use the hand brake (if the bend angle is narrow enough).
- Avoid damaging your vehicles at any cost. You will lose time, crashing into people will cause penalties, and you will damage your car � each repair will cost you.
- Still facing problems with curves? Go to the settings and reduce the overall number of opponents and adjust the gear to the number that determines the curve. It doesn�t work all the time but for the most time it should be good enough (except 5 and 6). E.g. use gear III in case of curves marked with number 3.
Technical approach towards curves is a crucial skill
Don�t approach the turns at full speed, especially when the counter points towards the red line. Depending on the drive and surface slow down to pass the curve at a narrow angle:
- It�s best to keep the vehicle moving � speed up or slow down. However, in case of many turns, you should stick to low engine speed (around 4 thousand), and avoid towing and/or rotation. You can also take your foot of the pedal and speed up when you are halfway through the curve � if you do it earlier, the angle at which you leave the turn will change (thus, watch out when driving down the hill with curves).
- When approaching narrow turns (3 or lower) slow down significantly. The speed at which you leave the turn is what really matters.
- When using faster vehicles (e.g. R5 class), try to skid when approaching turns (without using the break but using the steering wheel rapidly). Powerful cars with 4×4 can immediately end the skid (does not apply to A class cars).
You can repair your vehicles in boxes. Depending on the type of the race, you can access them in different time periods. Tires are repaired automatically, thus having a spare tire in the trunk of your car is not obligatory � it can be used to repair the tire on your way (you can get rid of it when tuning your vehicle).
You have 30 minutes to repair your vehicle. If you exceed this limit, you will face serious time penalty till your next race. Try to fix your vehicle within the time limit. Select repair options from other tabs and the bar at the bottom will fill out with light-green and dark-green. The light-green color determines the obvious time of the repair, while dark-green will indicate additional time that may be added. The length of the latter bar depends on your chief engineer�s diagnostics level. In order to find out what will be the full time of repair, you can use Inspection of specific components. It�s only worth the effort if have your doubts and there are many minor damages of one type. You should also wash your car � this will improve the inspection, and your sponsors� attitude!
A good Chief Engineer will decrease the time it takes to diagnose the errors
There are three types of errors: drive units, transmission and chassis. Damages to Chassis are the most common ones and thus it�s important to pick a Chief Engineer who will be able to spot them as quickly as possible. You can fully repair most of the components or perform a provisional fix, which takes less time, but may cause malfunctions during the race. There are certain elements that cannot be repaired � you will have to replace them and that takes more time. First, focus on:
- Wheel geometr;
- Shock absorbers;
- Bodywork/lights, if it�s a night race, lights are required;
The remaining damages are not that serious. If this is the last race, you can skip the process of repairing your bodywork � repairing it will affect how fast a serious malfunction will take place (after car accidents). At you end of the race you will still have to fix the entire vehicle, so if you have enough time and money in your box, repair your car as much as you can.
How to decrease the repair time?
You need to decide how much trouble you have with repairing your vehicles. It�s best to reduce the amount of damage but it�s not always an option. You can affect the repair time in several ways:
- Hire more Engineers (upgrade the quarters);
- Provide better tools � upgrade the tool box;
- Hire a better Chief Engineer;
- Use parts of lower quality � they won�t be as effective, but they are much faster and cheaper to repair;
- Build Recycling center to slightly decrease the repair cost.
Cutting curves during a track race can also result in time penalties.
The stakes are high and if you obey certain rules, you will receive penalties. There are only time penalties, no financial penalties. Draw your attention to the fact that (during a rally) sponsors dislike when you receive penalties � To boost your reputation, you will often receive a different penalty.
When taking part in a rally, you can get penalties for:
- Moving too far from the track,
- Respawning your vehicle to get back on track (getting back after a rollover / falling out of the track,
- Crashing into a group of people by the track,
- False start.
Penalties during track races are more painful, due to the lower time differences between cars. You can get penalties for:
- Moving beyond the track line (cutting the curves) � the stewards will decide on the penalty and you won�t find out about their verdict until you finish the lap.
- False start,
- When taking part in a rallycross you need to pass through a separate part of the track, the so-called joker. In case of false start, you will have to make the distance twice. If you won�t pass the joker at all, a time penalty will be added.
- There are no penalties for damaging vehicles (your and your opponents�).
During each race your car can be damaged. You can perform the necessary repair if you have enough money. Pay attention to the overall repair time � if you exceed the 30 minute time limit, you will get penalties.
You cannot change the difficulty level of opponent, nor the number of repetitions during the competition.
In the game, it is possible to adjust difficulty level and match it with your own skills, to make it more comfortable to play, or challenging. First of all, you will have to decide if you prefer simulation or arcade which is more “player friendly”. Personally, I recommend choosing simulation, which allows you to pull more complex maneuvers, thanks to which you will win better time results. You can change it at any moment, from the level of DiRT Academy. Difficulty levels determine how fast you gain reputation. For that reason, it is better to set a higher difficulty level, but one you will be able to handle.
Available settings and their effect:
- AI difficulty – determines how demanding the opponents are (their time results, or driving style), there are 5 levels available (the highest one is unlocked during the game). Effect on reputation: 2-14%.
- Restarts – the number of times you can restart a given stage, if you do not do that well. Remember that they refer to an entire event (which may comprise as many as 5 stages). Effect on reputation: 1-6%.
- Auto repairs – thanks to this option, your car is automatically repaired after a race, as long as your resources allow it, in accordance with the instructions from the head engineer. Effect on reputation: 0-1%.
- Anti-lock braking system – ABS for the cars. Makes it easier to brake on asphalt and more difficult to break on dirt. Effect on reputation: 0-2%.
- Off-throttle braking system – determines the rate at which the car slows down after you release the gas pedal. Depends on individual preferences. Effect on reputation: none.
- Automatic windscreen wipers – useful, especially if you splash into water, or are splashed with mud. Effect on reputation: none.
- Exterior cameras – If active, the option locks all cameras but two: cockpit view (driver position) or dashboard view. It is a good idea to activate it, if you are not going to use the exterior view. Effect on reputation: 0-2%.
- Automatic launch – before you start a match usually you only hold down the gas pedal and start automatically after the countdown is out. With this option active, you will also have to hold down the handbrake and release it when you want to start. Decreases the risk or false start. Effect on reputation: 0-1%.
- Stability control – thanks to this option, you will be able to drive along straights and keep the car in a straight position, while driving over rough terrain. Of negligible importance. Effect on reputation: 0-2%.
- Traction control – ASR makes it easier to exit uncontrollable wheel spin and swerves. Effect on reputation: 0-2%.
- Transmission – Determines the type of transmission in your car. Effect on reputation: 0-2%.
- Forced decoupling – this system is only useful if you have the clutch. Thanks to it (even in the case of automatic transmission), after you use the clutch, you can increase engine rpm and after you release it, you transmit the revolutions to the wheels, just like in the case of automatic launch. Effect on reputation: none.
- Time control braking – this system slows down your car right after you pass the finishing line. This prevents accidental damage to the car, when you cross the finishing line too fast. Effect on reputation: none.
There are 4 race modes in DiRT 4:
- Land rush
- Historic Legends Series
Rallies are about covering difficult route fragments with time counter on, on specifically adjusted cars
In rallies, you race against time instead of AI drivers, in the wild. To complete the entire competition, you have to take a high position in individual events, which will result in wining a specific number of points. In each event, the route is chopped up into chunks that you have to cover within a time limit. The number of points you receive depends on summarized times you crank out on all the fragments. This is why, a worse (or unfinished) fragment can have effect on your position in the entire Cup. You can use pit stop only every second race (odd-numbered ones).
- Do not buy too many cars and use only one effectively for multiple races – to make it easier, read the license descriptions in the above chapters, and of cars that you may find useful after you are promoted a higher class.
- After buying a new car, control your money closely: it is a good idea to upgrade your new car a bit and get used to the new driving style. Also, leave some money for repairs during the race.
Races take place over sand-covered, simple circuits.
In Land Rush, all of the races take place over sand circuits of slightly varying routes. On the track, there are 8 vehicles, but only the first four make it to A category and can race for the victory. To win the entire competition, win the highest score. You visit pit stops every single race.
Driving each type of car is different, which is why you should keep the below hints in mind. In this category, it is a good idea to upgrade the car heavily (you do not need to worry about tuning the car – it’s technique that matters). In this competition, you do not lose as much money: repairs are affordable and prizes are high. Also, goals set by sponsors are easily achieved.
In this category, you race against small cars with engines of high rpm and small wheels. To win here, stick to several simple rules:
- Take the lead quickly and drive carefully,
- Take mild, narrow turns;
- Control your car’s power (do not put the pedal to the metal throughout the entire race) and be careful with braking (if you hold it for too long, the car will start spinning),
- Never take turns right after you have landed after a jump,
- Approach any hops in a straight line and land with your wheels straight.
After you have been promoted to this class, you will be racing on buggy cars. Driving them resembles cross-carts, but it is easier to enter a spin here. First of all, you will have to learn how to control the car and prevent it from skidding – in this case, it is best to release the gas and brake pedals in mid skid and, until the car slows down and comes to the right position. Train speeding up bit-by-bit (if you go switch down to a lower gear and rev up, you will also straighten the car up, but at the cost of putting the wheels into uncontrollable spin and losing your speed). On long straights, brake before the turn by pressing the brake all the way down) – braking on sand is very effective.
Trucks are very unique, watch out for what your opponents are doing
First of all, note that there are two categories for trucks: P-2 and P-1 and the cars used there are completely different. They are expensive, which is why you have to decide whether you prefer to borrow the truck or buy one (prizes for winning are roughly equal to the cost of a new truck, and you can sell your vehicle at a half of the buying price).
To win easily, try to take aggressive turns (use handbrake, if you need to) and with the gas pedal released, then accelerate as much as possible on the second gear, to exit the skid quickly. On wide turns, it is better to slow down before the curve and take it as tightly as possible. Also, it is a good idea to tune the trucks: extend the second and the third gear, to be able to exit skidding easily on the second one, where the third one will provide higher top speed, which will allow you to overtake opponents on straights.
On each track, you have to take an additional lap through the “Joker” – the track marked in green on the map
W Rallycross, you race against five opponents at the same time. The competition follows the Cup formula. You have to win twice on a single track to win more points (25). The first race is a semi-finals one: you have to come in third, at least, to be promoted to the first group – if you fail, the highest position to take in the second race in 9th. Depending on the number of events in the championship, to win, you need the highest score of all events. You enter pit stops every single race.
In rallycross you drive very strong AWD cars
This category is quite difficult. You race on mixed surfaces, often on ones with long stretches of asphalt. The greatest difficulty are tight turns, where it is easy to skid uncontrollably and spin around. Opponents can work out considerable distance from each other, so you have an option of knocking them out of the track (or even attempted tire puncture). Once per race, you have to beat the “Joker” – a short, additional fragment of the track.
To win, try to upgrade your car as much as possible. Also, tuning is difficult to overrate. The key here is to take the head of the race quickly and, if it’s impossible, wait for the opportune moment to overtake. Do not risk dangerous passes – opponents also tend to be aggressive.
Historic Legends Series
Historic Legends Series are not as important and prizes are much lower.
In Historic Legends Series, you drive cars that were used in the 90s, 80s and the 70s. In here, the top speed is lower, but the cars are more difficult to control, they skid more easily and the majority of them are not fitted with modern systems, such as ABS. In these races, there is only one pit-stop (plus the one at the race start).
What is important in these races are upgrades, but the most important here is appropriate tuning: especially gear differential and the level of suspension stiffness.
When you’ll have your own team, you’ll be able to change the appearance of your car, choose the sponsors and team members.
You begin the career mode without owning a team; you take part in the initial rallies in rented cars. At first, there are only two cars available in the R2 class. Unless you finish two rallies and advance, you will have to depend on rented machines. The case is very similar in other types of races. Land Rush (races on sandy tracks) is unlocked only after obtaining the R3 license. Subsequent races – Rally Cross and Historic Races – are only unlocked after finishing about 30% and 50% of previous races respectively.
Licenses are unlocked by achieving high positions in races
Subsequent licenses can be unlocked in two ways: winning (or finishing high) trophies and by gaining reputation. Rep can be obtained for each finished race, but also in the free mode or in multiplayer. It also allows you to unlock better upgrades for the team (buildings). There are numerous categories of the cars. You will need a car from each category (at least a rented one), to be able to finish all races. You cannot use a rally car on a racetrack. So, if you’ve got the money, look for interesting offers.
Attention – note that you are awarded with money, experience and sponsor awards for repeating races, even those that you have already won.
In this chapter, we focus on a few practical ideas for the career in rallies, i.e. the first category you can participate in the game. We’ve paid particular attention to the type of cars you should choose in order to maintain a stable financial standing and be able to compete for the best scores thanks to rare changes of cars and the skill you develop with your favorite rides.
- Licenses B & A
- License R3
- R2 License
- R1 License
- RS License
Licenses B & A
At the beginning you will use simple, rented front-wheel drive cars
We will try to find an optimal career path in this chapter, so that you are able to achieve high profit from each rally. In the first four races, you don’t have much choice – there are two cars to chose from: forced induction Ford Focus or a naturally aspirated Opel Adam. Try both of these so that you know what sort of car do you prefer. The Ford is more dynamic and agile, but with practice, you should be able to achieve better results with the Opel.
Only after the second rally you are able to choose your first car. Chose one of the aftermarket R2-class cars – they will still appear after you’re promoted to the R3 class, so it’s a reasonable purchase. In class A you can use group A cars – they’re more powerful and less predictable, and the teams want a bigger share for renting such a car, so for now, give up these.
Seat Ibiza Kitcar is a good choice in the next class (available via classifieds)
After being promoted to the R3 class, you should buy one of the older, F2 cars (Seat Ibiza, Peugeot 306) in the classifieds. When you earn some money, buy a NR4/R4 car (Mitsubishi Evo X or Subaru Impreza WRX Sti NR4), but mind you that they’re pretty difficult to handle. Even with a 4-wheel drive they’re not very agile. Pretty heavy too. Also note that Mitsubishi has the steering wheel on the right. Owning cars from both these classes, you’re able to participate in each of the six R3 races. Two cars from F2 and NR4/R4 classes will be enough to finish the R2 races as well. Instead of buying for example a group A car, you should buy a car from the class you’re already familiar with.
You can also briefly switch to off-roads – you should finish these races quickly and earn good money for Rally upgrades
The third way – which we recommend – is switching to Land Rush -> crosskart (even just temporarily) as soon as possible. The cars are super cheap (the repairs as well), the races short, and the awards are very tempting – you can quickly get rich here.
Sometimes, when you unlock a new license, you may be rewarded with unlocking a new sponsor or getting a new car for the garage
In this category, you will need a NR4/R4 / F2 car, as well as an “up to 2000cm3” or R5 (optional). Four races are available for these cars. Three of them may be completed in an R5, so you should prioritize buying this one. You will also be able to use it later, after being promoted.
In the “Up to 2000cm3 class” Subaru Impreza is the most interesting option. It may be unlocked when switching to the R2 class
The R1 license is the penultimate class of the races. Only two championships are available, but they consist of three separate events each. It’s an outstanding test of cars and drivers. The first race requires a NR4/4, “Up to 2000cm3” or R5 car. Chose the one you feel most comfortable with.
The second race will have you drive a group A car. There was no point buying such a car earlier, because you would use it in no more than three races in the R3 tier. Now you can either buy it or just rent it (no further race in this or any other class will require such a car).
The last trophy consists of five events. You can use only one car: NR4/4, “Up to 2000cm3” or R5. Before the race, make sure your car is well modified and configured in the tuning options, and that you have enough cash for repairs. The tracks in this class appear in their most demanding configurations and are very long – try not to restart very often; even if you crash, you may be better off carrying on. You can notice a considerable leap in the difficulty here – if you’re having a hard time finishing the races, you should either practice a bit more, lower the AI difficulty or enable additional systems for the car in the game’s options.
Among the available advertisements, you will often come across historic vehicles
Once you have your Team, you can purchase a new vehicle. You can purchase them in a car show room or from available advertisements. In a car show room you will get newer cars but the level of their upgrades will be higher than those purchased from advertisements. In advertisements you will often find cheaper cars (with lower level of upgrades) and older vehicles (e.g. needed in a historic rally). Vehicles from advertisements will change every race. This means different models, level of available upgrades and prices. Thus, you should often monitor the available advertisements.
- Don�t buy vehicles in advance � in order to complete a mission, you don�t need to have all the cars, or even one from each class. In many races, you can use more than one type of vehicles;
- The capacity of your garage is limited and depends on upgrading Garage Expansion;
- You can sell cars for half of their original price;
- Upgrade Private Collector, to increase the likelihood of better offers among advertisements (often you will come across highly modified cars);
Engineers are optional (if you can drive without causing any damage that is)
Once you purchase a vehicle, you can adjust your staff. The better the staff member is, the more money he will want. You can try to double the share of the minimal value that was expected, but then you will have to wait one race to renew the contract.
- Chief Engineer � he will determine how fast and effectively you can diagnose malfunctions, and perform vehicle tuning (to be more specific, being able to save and load your vehicle settings).
- Engineers � they repair your vehicles. If you decide to add Tool Box (modifies your engineers), it�s best to hire more mediocre engineers. You also decide the length of their contracts.
- PR Agent � he will determine your sponsor offers and the expected share (hopefully low) of newly hired staff members. The PR Agent will also determine your income when you are renting a vehicle.
- Co-driver � will instruct you during a race, in the language equal to your nationality (regardless of the language settings).
- Rallycross spotters � similar to co-drivers, they will give you information, other disciplines (not rally).
Offers from new employees will be presented as you advance to higher levels. Sometimes, when you unlock a new license, you can �win� a new staff member � you will recruit him for free but you will have to pay him later on. In order to decrease the cost of recruitment and salary, modify VIP Suite and hire better PR Agents.
Pay attention to sponsor offers � some of them will be identical, you can check stickers on your vehicle
Sponsors are one of your main sources of income, apart from prizes from championships. You can have up to 6 sponsors at once but you start with only one. Sponsors will pay you payment due of several thousand credits for every race you win. Furthermore, during every race, each sponsor will give you �a challenge� (e.g. your time penalties cannot exceed 8 seconds). Complete a challenge and you will receive a bonus and improve your relations with the sponsor. Your relations will affect your income and potential bonus if the relationship is strong enough. These can reach several dozen thousand credits. Thus, pick sponsors that offer long contracts.
- To increase the number of sponsors that you can choose from, upgrade your building: Sponsors.
- The quality of sponsor offers depends on your carrier progress and the level of your PR Agent.
- Upgrade the Logistics to improve your starting relations with your sponsors.
- Certain sponsors will not join you if you have already signed up a contract with one of their competitors (e.g. Pirelli and Bridgestone � tire companies).
- Wash your car during each service to improve relations with your sponsors.
Each building can be upgraded to level 5
In order to improve stats of your staff, offers, salary and other modifiers, you will need to upgrade your facilities. The costs are high but so are the benefits. Your reputation level determines whether you can purchase a given building or not.
- VIP Suite � Facilitates the process of hiring new staff members and lowers their salary expectations.
- Catering Block � improves morale, and thus � performance of your staff. It�s cheap and one should definitely upgrade it.
- Recycling Center � reduces repair cost. Take your time before you build it as primary repairs are rather cheap.
- R&D � Build it and develop as soon as possible. This facility will allow you to attach high quality upgrades to your vehicles.
- Logistics � Develop this building and your relations with other staff members (and sponsors) will improve from the very beginning. Modify the building according to your progress.
- Sponsors � adds additional slots (max. 6) for new sponsors. Upgrade it quickly as more sponsors mean more money.
- Accommodation � you can hire high quality engineers. Develop when needed (when you realize that you cannot complete all the necessary repairs).
- Garage Expansion � more space for your vehicles.
- Private Collector� increases the likelihood of finding interesting vehicle offers in the advertisement section. Not worth it � upgraded vehicles are often expensive. It�s better to focus on R&D, buy cheap cars without modifications and upgrade them yourself.
- Lounge � some of your staff members have negative modifiers that affect their performance. The lounge will lower these negative modifiers.
- Tool Box � invest in this upgrade to improve your engineers� parameters, and thus decrease repair time. It�s worth your time if you have at least two or three engineers.
- Workshop � grants discount on modified parts. Leave it until you upgrade R&D. Upgrades for cheap cars require no discount � they are cheap enough.
On-track repairs (wheel replacement)
Return to track
Mailbox (in the menu)
On-track repairs (wheel replacement)
Return to track
Mailbox (in the menu)
This chapter lists all the achievements in DiRT 4. The majority of the achievements are connected with your progression in the career mode, and only some of them can be won in multiplayer. Also, there are achievements that you win even if you are not trying to get one.
- Thanks for coming
- Real turbulent juice
- Cleaned up nicely
- First you have to finish!
- A bonafide underdog story
- International rally R-3
- National Stadium Pro-3
- Little help?
- I am the 7.7%
- It’s nothing
- Never raced or rallied
- …now watch this drive
- Limp home
- International rally – H-C
- Taps aff
- International off-road C-3
- Double yolker
- National Stadium Pro-1
- The Nightman Cometh
- International off-road C-1
- International rally R-1
- International – H-A
- The Day today
- Be brave!
- Chapter and verse
- Tooled up
- First on the GRID
- rAd hoc
- Make the dream work
- Mondays be like…
- Up and up
- It’s all terrain, dummy
- New R-Evolution
- Rubbing, son, is racing
- Global superstar
- Always believe
- Kenneth? What’s the frequency?
- Delta Force
- Completed it mate
- Obsolete models a specialty
- Flavour of the week
- DIRTy dozen
Thanks for coming
Requirements: Complete the Welcome Event.
Real turbulent juice
Requirements: Cleanly land a jump longer than 65m.
Cleaned up nicely
Requirements: Complete a “clean” race.
Commentary: “Clean” means without bumps or any other damage.
Requirements: Earn a Fearless bonus in Stage or race.
First you have to finish!
Requirements: Win the first place in a Career event.
Requirements: Win your class in a multi-class event in Career.
A bonafide underdog story
Requirements: Get an overall win in the lowest eligible Vehicle Class in a Rally Event in Career
Commentary: in a mixed-class race, you have to select a car from the lowest class and win a better score than the highest one, of the highest-class car.
International rally R-3
Requirements: Earn the International Rally R-3 license.
National Stadium Pro-3
Requirements: Earn the National Stadium Pro-3 license
Requirements: Call in the Chief Engineer’s recommendations during a Service Interval.
I am the 7.7%
Requirements: Win a Stage in Headcam
Requirements: Win against all odds.
Never raced or rallied
Requirements: Buy a vehicle from the Classifieds
Requirements: Qualify for an A-Final in a Landrush Event in Career.
…now watch this drive
Requirements: Complete all of the Advanced Driving Techniques at the DiRT Academy.
Requirements: Complete an Event in Jam Session.
Requirements: Finish three sectors of a Stage with a flat tire.
International rally – H-C
Requirements: Earn the International Rally H-C licence.
Requirements: Finish a Stage in sunny conditions in Community Events.
International off-road C-3
Requirements: Earn the International Off-Road C-3 licence.
Requirements: Take two Joker Laps and win a Rallycross race.
Commentary: If you decide and do a second Joker, although you are not required to, you will receive a high penalty. Perform a false start to receive a penalty of doing the Joker once again with a small loss in seconds.
National Stadium Pro-1
Requirements: Earn the National Stadium Pro-1 license.
The Nightman Cometh
Requirements: Win a Stage at Night.
International off-road C-1
Requirements: Earn the International Off-Road C-1 license.
International rally R-1
Requirements: Earn the International Rally R-1 license.
International – H-A
Requirements: Earn the International Rally H-A license.
The Day today
Requirements: Finish in the second Tier or higher in a Daily in Community Events.
Requirements: Complete a Stage or race with the Fearless Preset active.
Chapter and verse
Requirements: Set a time in every challenge in a single Joyride Chapter.
Requirements: Set a gold medal time in a Time Attack challenge without hitting a penalty marker.
Requirements: Upgrade three facilities to Grade A quality.
First on the GRID
Requirements: Qualify in the top spot in a Rallycross Event in Career
Requirements: Repair your car on Stage and win the Stage.
Commentary: the simplest repair is replacing your tires, but it takes nearly 30 seconds. Pick the track that you are the best at and easy opponents. After you gain advantage over the rest of them, puncture your tire by slamming against a barrier or a tree, with the side of the car. Then, perform the repairs and reach the finishing line.
Make the dream work
Requirements: Hire a fourth Engineer onto your Team.
Mondays be like…
Requirements: Get a bad case of the Mondays.
Up and up
Requirements: Get promoted to a new Tier in Pro Tour.
It’s all terrain, dummy
Requirements: Win the Landrush World Series.
Requirements: Own a vehicle equipped with all Grade A parts.
Rubbing, son, is racing
Requirements: Win the FIA World Rallycross Championship.
Requirements: Win the Global Rally Series.
Requirements: Achieve 10 Gold Medals in Joyride.
Kenneth? What’s the frequency?
Requirements: Destroy 100 blocks in 60 seconds in Joyride.
Requirements: Finish in the top Tier of a Delta Daily in Community Events.
Completed it mate
Requirements: Win the Triple Crown.
Commentary: these are races that become available after you have earned the Champion title in all categories (with the exception of Historic Legends).
Requirements: Complete 25 Events in Pro Tour.
Obsolete models a specialty
Requirements: Win Historic Legends Series.
Flavour of the week
Requirements: Complete back to back Weekly Community Events.
Requirements: Complete all 12 Stages of a Monthly Event in Community Events.
Dirt 4 game guide was based on the PS4 version of the game. The basic console version allows the game to run smoothly without any problems. However, the graphics leaves much to be desired.
Remember � before you purchase the PC version, take the demo version for a spin (or purchase with a giveback option e.g. via Steam). Codemaster Software declared that not all graphics cards are compatible.
Single player: Yes
Offline Cooperation (split screen/hot seat): No
Cooperation via Internet: No
PC � general info
- OS: Windows 7/8/10 64-bit.
- Internet connection during the game: No
- Activation via Internet: Yes
- Controllers: Keyboard / pad / Steering Wheel
- Achievements: Yes
Minimal system requirements
- CPU: AMD FX Series or Intel Core i3
- RAM: 4 GB
- Graphics card: AMD HD5570 or NVIDIA GT440 z 1GB, DirectX 11
- HDD space required: 50 GB
Recommended system Requirements
- CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 or AMD FX 8320
- RAM: 4 GB
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GTX 780 or AMD R9 390, DirectX 11
- HDD space required: 50 GB