Has Been Heroes is a tough-as-nails roguelike that features some interesting combat mechanics. I’ve been playing around with the pre-release version for about a week now and I’ve noticed that some of the boss fights seem genuinely too hard, especially the Skeleton Leader boss mentioned in these patch notes.
Overall impressions of the game are that it’s a niche game that will appeal to those of you who like the roguelike nature of games like The Binding of Isaac and Darkest Dungeon, both games that Has Been Heroes borrows from liberally. We’ll have a full review out next week, but in the mean time here’s a peek at the first patch notes to fix some of the issues I mentioned above.
- Gameplay: Hitting over enemy Stamina now has a damage penalty of -10% instead of -25%
- Gameplay: Skeleton Leader, who speeds up nearby enemies, now always walks into the battle, never spawns in the middle
- Gameplay: Red-bandana “Boxer” Skeleton Boss health now 1450 (was 1825)
- Gameplay: Heroes’ lane backstab damage increase
- Gameplay: Changes and fixes to Summon Boar spell
- User interface: Helpful popup screen at the start of the game to explain Stamina
Have you downloaded this game from Frozenbyte on your Nintendo Switch yet? It’s nothing like the Trine series which is what many fans may have been expecting, but for roguelike fans I think there’s a pretty unique gem that’s slowly being polished up.
[via Steam Community Forums]
Nintendo eShop Card – $20