The folks over at Yacht Club Games have been hard at work on a patch for Shovel Knight and Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment to fix a few issues that have cropped up in various areas of the game. Some of these changes specifically for Switch also include the ability to play at 1080p resolution while docked.
Shovel Knight Patch 3.0A Fixes
- Fix: Specter of Torment: Crash when defeating the final boss with a German language setting.
- Fix: Specter of Torment: Fixed a bug that allowed Specter Knight to Judgment Rush to unintended locations during certain scenes.
- Fix: Specter of Torment: Horace sometimes rewarding the wrong gold amount when reaching the tower’s top.
- Fix: Support for Player 2’s controller within calibrate screen prompts.
- Fix: Delete All now resets screen scale and brightness settings.
- Fix: Shovel of Hope: Various bug fixes for co-op.
- Fix: Specter of Torment: Broken camera transition when falling into a certain death pit within “event 2”.
- Various localization and text improvements.
- Change (Shovel/Plague): The wandering encounter Reize will no longer cross over into the second tier of stages if the game time is below 25 minutes…
- Now outputs at a 1080p resolution while playing in docked mode!
- Screen Scale video option is only applied and available while playing in docked mode.
- Screen Scale menu now appears for the first time that the game is started while in TV mode.
- Note: If your TV is not displaying the game’s full image we recommend adjusting your TV Settings from the System Settings menu — this way you’re set for all games in the future! Learn how to do so here.
- Fix: Screen Scale / Brightness options not saving.
This is great news for those of you who were hoping for a higher resolution when playing in docked mode and I’m sure Yacht Club Games will continue to make improvements and bug fixes as the issues arise. Are you enjoying Shovel Knight on the Nintendo Switch?
[via Yacht Club Games]
Nintendo eShop Card – $20