Over the past few years, the wave of the cybercrime has risen rapidly. Nowadays, your personal information, bank account details, and your corporate database are some of the many targets for digital criminals. So, how can we investigate these crimes? Using digital forensics.
The Practical Windows Forensics ebook from Packt Publishing will tell you everything you need to know to get started. It will provide you with the knowledge needed to assemble different types of evidence properly, and walk you through the various stages of the analysis process. The title usually retails for $31 but for a limited time you can get it entirely free.
What You Will Learn:
- Perform live analysis on victim or suspect Windows systems locally or remotely
- Understand the different natures and acquisition techniques of volatile and non-volatile data
- Create a timeline of all the system actions to restore the history of an incident
- Recover and analyze data from FAT and NTFS file systems
- Make use of various tools to perform registry analysis
- Track a system user’s browser and e-mail activities to prove or refute some hypotheses
- Get to know how to dump and analyze computer memory
To get the book, go here, enter the required details, and click the Download button.
The offer expires on April 12, so act fast.