Tax-time sales are here again. The end of the financial year is often when retailers try and get rid of aging stock or work overtime to reach sales targets, with the result being massive discounts on a range of products – from cars to home appliances and plenty in between.
The TechRadar team is here to help you find the best tech products on sale for the cheapest prices. Note that some of the offers on our list end before 30 June, but we’ll keep this story continuously updated to include any new deals we find between now and the EOFY to help you snag the best bargains.
PCs & LAPTOPS
- Lenovo ThinkPad E470 ($949): Designed for productivity, this 14-inch laptop features an Intel Core i7 CPU, 16GB of RAM, 256GB SSD and a 2GB NVIDIA GeForce 940MX graphics chip. , saving you $650 on the RRP of $1,599. This offer ends 26 May, but we’ll keep you upraised on any further offers from Lenovo.
- Lenovo ThinkPad E570 laptop ($999): Lenovo promises that this 15.6-inch laptop will meet every business need in terms of storage, memory, graphics and your budget. It features an Intel Core i7 processor, 8GB of memory and a 1TB hard drive alongside a 2GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M graphics card. Plus you can by heading to Lenovo’s website and getting it for $999. This sale also ends 26 May.
- Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460 ($1,279): Save a whopping $870 on Lenovo’s 14-inch ThinkPad Yoga 460 convertible featuring an Intel Core i5 CPU, 16GB memory and a 256GB SSD. It’s , down from $2,149. Offer valid until 26 May.
- Lenovo ThinkPad T470s ($1,569): Designed to carry your work around with you, this 14-inch laptop from Lenovo features a FHD display, an Intel Core i5 CPU, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD. There’s also instead of the usual $2,199 RRP. Sale ends 26 May.
- Lenovo ThinkPad T570 ($1,499): If you need more screen space for increased productivity, then Lenovo’s 15.6-inch ThinkPad T570 might be what you need, with 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD and a Core i5 processor. Not to mention the $600 off on the device. It’s , down from $2,099. Offer available until 26 May.
- Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Notebook (from $259): Featuring an Intel Celeron N3060 processor, 4GB memory and 32GB eMMC storage, this 11-inch laptop is portable and enough to get homework sorted or keep up with daily tasks at home. It’s also got a very dreamy price tag of , saving you $70 on the RRP of $329. For something with a bit more grunt under the hood, you can get the 128GB SSD model powered by an Intel Pentium processor for , saving you $100. This sale ends Thursday, 25 May.
- Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 (from $2,209): This is the smallest 13-inch 2-in-1 from Dell and it features an QHD+ (3200 x 1800) InfinityEdge display that gives you an almost edge-to-edge screen. It’s powered by an 7th-generation Intel Core i7 CPU and has a 512GB SSD. There’s also 15% off on this machine at Dell, so and save $420 on this premium device, or instead and save $390. For an extra $68, you can get the Dell Active Pen to use with the XPS 13 2-in-1.
- Dell Inspiron 15 7000 2-in-1 (from $1,199): A 15-inch 2-in-1 option from Dell is the Inspiron 15 7000 series. The model featuring a 7th-generation Intel Core i5 CPU, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD is , while the Core i7/16GB RAM/512GB SSD version is , both saving you $500 on their respective RRPs. These devices also sport an infrared camera for facial recognition and a Full HD display. Offer ends Thursday, 25 May.
- Microsoft Surface Book (Core i5; $1,899): Featuring a 13-inch PixelSense touchscreen display, an Intel Core i5 CPU, 8GB RAM and 128GB SSD, this laptop/tablet hybrid has a detachable screen and carries enough of an oomph factor to be premium. But – it’s currently available for $1,899 and includes the Surface Pen.
- Microsoft Surface Book (Core i7; $3,799): For a touch more power, you can get the Surface Book powered by a Core i7 processor and featuring 16GB RAM and 1TB storage , saving you $1,149.
SMARTPHONES & ACCESSORIES
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus ($1,139): Samsung’s latest flagship phones have made their mark, despite components of the Bixby AI still currently being AWOL. But you don’t have to spend $1,349 on the larger handset. (which is essentially now part of Kogan’s online shopping network) for $1,139.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (from $699): If you want a smartphone that has an edge over the others (yes, pun intended), then the Galaxy S7 Edge is still one heck of a phone, despite Samsung’s latest flagship flooding the market. You can save plenty on this 32GB smartphone by getting it from junior telco Vaya for .
- Huawei Mate 9 ($769): This a phablet boasts a robust build, an impressive camera, powerful processor and great battery life. It also comes with a premium price tag of $999, but you can .
- Samsung Fast Charging wireless stand ($69): Samsung’s Fast Charge wireless pad outputs at up to 9 volts 1 amp, for 9W of power rather than the usual 5W. Samsung says it'll charge your phone from flat in 120 minutes. So if your handset is a Qi charging-enabled device, you can forget cables and to add some juice to your phone. It’s, saving you $50 on the RRP of $119.
AUDIO & VIDEO
- Audio-Technica QuietPoint Active noise-cancelling headphones ($105): These cans from Audio-Technica promise to reduce ambient noise by up to 87% and features a detachable cable if you want to go wireless. The headphones retail for up to $170 apiece, but you can currently .