As technology continues to develop and the COVID-19 pandemic has emerged, many industries are compelled to move their businesses online.
Still, the prevalence of cyberattacks poses various threats to the safety of crucial information. This highlights the importance of user identity verification. When entities are capable of implementing sound identity verification solutions, they can determine who a person is and who they say they are.
So, what is the importance of verifying identities remotely? Continue reading to find out.
What is Remote Identity Verification, and How Can It Help?
Remote identity verification allows entities to confirm a user’s persona online through a web browser on any electronic device.
Remote ID verification is becoming more necessary due to regulatory compliance with international laws, such as KYC or Know Your Customer. One of the reasons why organizations should check ID includes the onboarding of new customers and employees. Bank institutions also ask for IDs because it is the law, and it prevents them from money laundering.
Moreover, as several processes like customer service shifted online, remote verification became even more fundamental because it allows entities to guarantee transactions and conversations were made with the right customer.
Tips for an Efficient Remote Verification
Even if everything is done remotely, various risks can still occur. To ensure a successful verification process, companies may benefit from the following tips:
- Stick to a consistent policy. Creating a clear policy and constantly abiding by it will reduce misunderstandings and be reminded of the actions needed to take for the individuals being hired.
- Conduct a thorough SSN trace. An SSN trace may identify all the names and addresses linked with the candidate’s Social Security Number, allowing entities to create a more comprehensive background screening report.
- Use a full legal name. For users and consumers, it is essential that they use their full legal name when registering on any platform. The name must be the same as what is written on the actual ID document.
- Read instructions carefully. Users who misread directions may lead to an inaccurate verification process.
- Collaboration with a background screening service to undertake paperless verifications keeps applicant data structured and safe.
- To avoid making a mistake, choose the correct ID document type for the verification. Users may quickly notice when the identity document is incorrect.
Ensure excellent identity verification with authID
AuthID is a leading provider of protected identity authentication solutions that aims to deliver enhanced performance and security for clients. Visit their website https://www.authid.com/ or contact them at +1 (516) 274-8700 for more information.